Tuesday 6 May 2008

It's Not Fair....I Want Another Bank Holiday....

A good day at the allotment on Bank Holiday Monday, but it finished too soon.

Taking Old Ted's advice I obtained some Fish Blood & Bone from a generic DIY/Homeware outlet, and got to work in the raspberries. I weeded the entire two rows, which took a lot longer than I thought it would, but it now looks great and the plants won't have to share their food with the weeds. Crafty buggers the weeds, some had already grown back In Between individual raspberry canes. So, after the weed removal, I added a small patch of the food around the base of each plant, and "chivvied" it into the soil ("chivvied"is a word copyrighted by Old Ted).
I met the final neighbour too, who holds the plot adjoining the bottom of ours. Colin is a pleasant old boy, who bemoaned the smoking ban in pubs, and informed me he'd "only" been on his current allotment 9 or 10 years. No time at all that, Colin!

Good news was that potatoes are growing, hoorah! Sam will be very pleased next time he visits.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello from Sunny Surrey - glad to see your potatoes are on about the same par as mine - according to my lotty neighbour, its good to water them along with everything else - well I never!
Daisy and Mo are doing fine. A bit of sunstroke maybe, but nothing major.
Been reading your other blog - chin up eh?
Ali :)

Eddie 2-Sox said...

Cheers dude :0)